TAG | Baubles
Here’s my top nine picks of what to get from J.Crew’s summer sale.
Here’s nine spring things that you can get to update your wardrobe right now. All of these things are very of the moment (trendy, in a good way) and you can get versions of them every from Target to J Crew to Net-a-Porter.
1. Raffia and straw bags – not just for little old ladies in these cute shapes.
2. Layered chain necklaces – no secret I am obsessed with these right now.
3. Espadrille wedges – summer shoe chic.
4. Grey jeans – an updated alternative to boring blue denim.
5. Stacked bangles – I like Indian influenced ones the best.
6. Bensimon sneakers – little french shoes that are the next Toms. Get them at dress.
7. Relaxed and rolled khaki pants – an updated version of the old classic.
8. Patterned short dresses – layer them with cardigans, button downs, jean jackets.
9. Denim button down shirt – wear it with white jeans or cropped khakis.
Here’s how I’m wearing these things.
InStyle recently published a bit on their website featuring the “10 Things Every Woman Must Own.” Included in this list a leopard print scarf (huh?), a striped shirt (I can get on board with that), and staples such as the LBD and a great trench. Is this too individual to prescribe? I think so, but it’s nice to have guidelines. Here are my top picks for spring:
1. Grosgrain TOMS – my walk everywhere shoe
2. Eugenia Kim for Target hat – coming April 18. Mark your calendars
3. Metallic Gladiator Sandals - still loving these two years later
4. Jersey Dresses (specifically, rhinestone 3.1 Phillip Lim and Lotta Stensson Tribal pattern dresses)
5. Colorful tops (specifically, Tucker blouses in any pattern, T by Alexander Wang, and anything Proenza Schouler tie die)
6. Boyfriend cut jeans and shorts
7. Giles & Brother multi-strand necklace
8. Marc by Marc Jacobs bag
9. Bobbi Brown Peach Shimmer Brick
Elephants are cute in things design.
From Barbie accessories to people accessories. I love my accessories. Check out these lovelies from Nantucket-based designer Jessica Hicks. Me likey. All available at jessicahicks.com.
No doubt you haven’t missed all the statement necklaces this fall. As we move into winter there’s a new statement to be made: earrings. I particularly love earrings because having short hair there’s lots of opportunity to show off my adorned lobes. Here are a few of my personal favorites. And in case you missed it the first time, here is a link to AOL’s StyleList (written by my favorite writer and featuring me!) on how to wear statement pieces.