TAG | Beauty
InStyle recently published a bit on their website featuring the “10 Things Every Woman Must Own.” Included in this list a leopard print scarf (huh?), a striped shirt (I can get on board with that), and staples such as the LBD and a great trench. Is this too individual to prescribe? I think so, but it’s nice to have guidelines. Here are my top picks for spring:
1. Grosgrain TOMS – my walk everywhere shoe
2. Eugenia Kim for Target hat – coming April 18. Mark your calendars
3. Metallic Gladiator Sandals - still loving these two years later
4. Jersey Dresses (specifically, rhinestone 3.1 Phillip Lim and Lotta Stensson Tribal pattern dresses)
5. Colorful tops (specifically, Tucker blouses in any pattern, T by Alexander Wang, and anything Proenza Schouler tie die)
6. Boyfriend cut jeans and shorts
7. Giles & Brother multi-strand necklace
8. Marc by Marc Jacobs bag
9. Bobbi Brown Peach Shimmer Brick
Hair color is having a moment right now – no, not the same old little blonde highlights but official color. I think it is so freakin’ cute and if I were younger/not me I would totally do it! (I actually had pink streaks in my hair last year in a pre-wedding hair-boredom fit, but they washed out after only a couple days. Sad.)
Short hair is cute. I think I’ve always liked it because it is an actual style rather than hair that just hangs there. I wish I had both the courage and, more importantly, the bone structure to pull off one of these cuts. Sigh.
Yes, yes I know I get obsessed with something new on a near daily basis (it’s professional curiosity!), but it doesn’t make these things any less awesome. This week my current favorite is the Clarsonic Sonic Brush. This thing gets your skin clean without harsh abrasives or damaging scrubbing. The benefits can also include everything from making the products you use more effective (they absorb better without all that dead skin) to reducing fine lines. Check it out at Sephora.