TAG | Handbags
Sometimes when working for a client, I find out that I absolutely have to have something I didn’t even know I wanted. Here I was getting by just fine with my JCrew hobo and then along came Chloe. Sigh.
It’s been a while since I have been obsessed with a bag. Not since I got my PS1 bag, have I had an “I have to have it,” feeling about a bag, but I’ve got a new love now. Confounding name aside (it’s meant to evoke the market, not a grubby hotel), I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these babies.
Here’s nine spring things that you can get to update your wardrobe right now. All of these things are very of the moment (trendy, in a good way) and you can get versions of them every from Target to J Crew to Net-a-Porter.
1. Raffia and straw bags – not just for little old ladies in these cute shapes.
2. Layered chain necklaces – no secret I am obsessed with these right now.
3. Espadrille wedges – summer shoe chic.
4. Grey jeans – an updated alternative to boring blue denim.
5. Stacked bangles – I like Indian influenced ones the best.
6. Bensimon sneakers – little french shoes that are the next Toms. Get them at dress.
7. Relaxed and rolled khaki pants – an updated version of the old classic.
8. Patterned short dresses – layer them with cardigans, button downs, jean jackets.
9. Denim button down shirt – wear it with white jeans or cropped khakis.
Here’s how I’m wearing these things.